WHAT IS ORLANDO PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING?
Orlando Pre-marital counseling is simply the best way to become better prepared for the many challenges you will face in your marital relationship.
Orlando Pre-marital counseling focuses on developing skills such as communication, handling conflict, solving problems, and making decisions. It also will help you develop the knowledge, attitudes, expectations, and characteristics that are important to creating a satisfying relationship.
Orlando Pre-marital counseling is designed to deal with the unique challenges you face in your relationship. Most books and seminars are geared towards a large audience and often will not address your direct needs.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING?
Orlando Pre-marital counseling will help each partner assess his or her personal readiness for marriage. Pre-marital counseling will give you the skills to prevent or to be better able to deal with any difficult habits and unhealthy relationship patterns that can be hard to break once they are well established.
ASK ABOUT HOW YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A DISCOUNT ON YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE
WITH OUR PREMARITAL CERTIFICATE!
PREPARE/ENRICH PREMARITAL PROGRAM FOR COUPLES
Janie Lacy, as a PREPARE/ENRICH facilitator, has counseled countless couples on their way toward marriage. She uses the PREPARE/ENRICH program for premarital counseling. The PREPARE/ENRICH program includes a comprehensive couple assessment along with feedback using skill-building exercises that can be completed in as little as six to eight sessions.
What is PREPARE/ENRICH?
PREPARE/ENRICH is a customized couple assessment completed online that identifies a couple’s strength and growth areas. It is one of the most widely used programs for premarital counseling and premarital education. But there are also customized versions of the inventory used for marriage counseling, marriage enrichment, and dating couples considering engagement. Based on a couple’s assessment results, a trained facilitator provides 4-8 feedback sessions in which the facilitator helps the couple discuss and understand their results as they are taught proven relationship skills.
How many people have taken the PREPARE/ENRICH Program?
Over 3 million couples have taken the PREPARE/ENRICH Program since it began in 1980.
What are the major goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program?
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals, there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship Explore family of origin issues.
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences.
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventories?
- 12 Relationship Scales — communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs and more 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales — based on the circumplex model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales 30 Customized Scales
Is the PREPARE/ENRICH Program valid & reliable?
An important strength of the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventories is their strong psychometric properties. High levels of reliability and validity have been found for each instrument, making them valuable tools for research as well as clinical use.
National Norms based on over 500,000 couples
High Levels of Validity and Reliability: PREPARE has validity in that it discriminates premarital couples that get divorced from those that are happily married with about 80-85% accuracy. Reliability is high (alpha reliability of .80 – .85)
What is the cost of PREPARE/ENRICH?
The cost for the Inventory scoring can vary. Clergy do not always charge for their premarital or marital services, but Professional Counselors do charge for these services, so you should be sure to check with the facilitator for the final cost to you.
Who uses PREPARE/ENRICH?
Over 100,000 trained clergy members, professional counselors, mentors, and marriage educators throughout the U.S have utilized the inventories.
Over 3 million couples have taken a PREPARE/ENRICH inventory and worked through their results under the guidance of one of our trained facilitators.
12 Things I Wish I’d Known…
- Being in love is not an adequate foundation
- Romance love has two stages
- Like father, like son is not a myth
- How to solve disagreements without arguing
- That apologizing is a sign of strength
- That forgiveness is not a feeling
- That toilets are not self-cleaning
- That we needed a plan for handling our money
- That mutual sexual fulfillment is not automatic
- That I was marrying into a family
- That spirituality is not to be equated with going to church
- That personality profoundly influences behavior
Things I Wish I ‘d Known Before We Got Married. ~ Gary Chapman